little bit about me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rosarioslawncutters, Apr 16, 2010.

1. rosarioslawncutters

rosarioslawncutters LawnSite Member

first i would like to say that the site and the people here are great

little about me:
    i remember in 2007 i put a ad on the craigslist to mow lawns and all i wanted was to mow maybe 2 or 3 to pay off a bill that i was running behind and then i was hoping to that time all i was using was a 1985 ranger with a scotts 21 inch walk behind and a weed wacker that i barrowed from my mom ..i had no blowers or anything ...the thing is that that 3 mows turn to 5 then to 10 then repeated customers and so on...ok, then i bought a use 21 inch snapper and had my younger brother help me....then time went by and i bought a old rider john deere to eliminate one 21" and a 4x8 trailer from harbor freight...time kept on going then i sold the rider to buy a 33 wide cut troy bilt (used) by spring of 2008 i had saved enough money to buy my first john deere 48 walk behind and thats when it started to get a little serious...then the fall came and i was doing fall cleanups with rented push blowers from taylor rental ...we had no leaf loaders just a rakes and tarps doing like 1 million trips in the little ford ranger... then spring again and the mowing season in 2009 i had saved enough money to buy a 1989 extended cab 8 foot bed silverado a billy goat leaf loader a 6x12 trailer a extra 32 inch john deere walk behind a older little wonder 8hp push blower a shindaiwa backpack blower and some other gas power tools

what i am trying to say is that i got in to the business without realizing it....
    and now my wife and kids depends on this....

ford ranger, 21 inch scotts push mower, 1 weed wacker (moms)

1989 extended cab silverado 2500 8 foot bed, billy goat leaf loader, billy goat lawn vac, 48" wb john deere, 32" wb john deere, 33" troy bilt, 6x12 trailer, shindaiwa backpack blower, echo lawn edger pe-2000, 8hp older little wonder push blower, a few weed wackers, and a few other things that i can remember at this time....

i started just doing mowing is 2007
    and now we do
    spring/fall cleanups
    gutter cleaning
    mulch installation
    shrub trimming
    power washing
    flower beds
    small sod jobs
    and a few other stuff that relates to lawn care ( no fert.)

i was 25 when i started in 07 now i am going to be 28 in june

thanks for reading my boring
  2. joel29m

joel29m LawnSite Senior Member

its not boring, its a blessing hell didnt think i would be as successful as i am now with this business. when you know people and those you know know people, you get around.
  3. dhunterd08

dhunterd08 LawnSite Senior Member

i seriously think almost everyone started the same way lol. That is why i think its stupid when people on here put ppl trying to start out down just because they dont have 1 bizillion accounts, and are clueless. This is year 7 for me and i may only have like 30 accounts, but this has put me through school, paid the rent, bought groceries, helped me pay cash for a truck i love, and all part time on my own schedule lol.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome to Lawnsite...I like the story...good luck to you!
  5. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya good story, and good luck to you in the future!
  6. mowZ06

mowZ06 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Just goes to show you hard work and dedication pays off. I was around your age when I started basically the same as you did. I bought a used full size chevy and a old JD walk behind many years ago. I have around 60 good accounts that have paid my bills for the past 20 years. I am 47 now and have never been out of work. Keep up the good work and the referrals will come in. Word of mouth is the best advertising.