Little bit of firewood...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ohiogreenworks, Mar 24, 2010.

1. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks LawnSite Senior Member

Got most of this from a tree company yesterday and today, we picked up some and they delivered the really big logs. We will be cutting and splitting most of they year and then selling and delivering this fall and winter....I know some may have bigger but these are the biggest I've had to deal with. Also shown is a lean-to we built (need to roof still) that I can fit 13 or so cords in and a small pile of split wood.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

You could make some nice table tops out of that big one. I was just at a pub on Sunday that had tables made out of log slabs about that size.

3. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

I would have liked to be the one billing for that job.

4. ohiogreenworks

Yeah a table would be pretty cool, a buddy wants to cut a chunk out of it and make a seat lol.

I bet this job was in the 8-10k range, they took down around 15 trees, trimmed around 25 trees. I have no idea how pricing on tree jobs goes but I do know they had 10 guys there for 2 days.

5. albhb3

albhb3 LawnSite Senior Member

I better not see you using a splitter get out the maul:laugh:

6. ohiogreenworks

:weightlifter: :weightlifter: <----would need a couple of these guys!

7. albhb3

albhb3 LawnSite Senior Member

haha some of that looks not to bad to split by hand but Im sure some of them are just crazy gnarly

8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

just curious...cause I'm looking for wood to split to sell this winter. Do these tree companies give you this wood or did you have to buy it from them?

9. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Most will give it away, especiallyif you will pick it up from them, they are just proud not to have to pay to get rid of it or to chip it.

10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Are all those trees behind you dead or are the leaves already falling there...I ready for leaves here...too dang hot!