1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

little help for fert and squirt guy on mowing please

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by crazy4green, Jan 18, 2008.

1. crazy4green

crazy4green LawnSite Member

Last few days and at end of last season customers are asking if I can mow lawns for them. Now there are not many of them and not any over an acre. Question is I have Cub Cadet 50" ztr will I be able to provide good service with this mower? And be cost effective? I use this on my lawn and neighbors and works well but I have heard there are problems with them boging down in taller grass but I mow often on my lawn to keep apperences great so any help would be great thanks.
  2. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you running a Cub Tank or a homeowner non-manufactured deck model? If it is the latter, it may cut superbly for the short term but the hydro unit is not built for hundreds of hours nor is the deck. You will be wearing holes in the deck if you are in any sandy areas.

If you are using a commercial cub, it will be just fine for what you are wanting to do.