Little help for the new guy please! :)

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rustyb265, May 15, 2006.

1. rustyb265

rustyb265 LawnSite Member

Ok,

I am doing a quote for a job. It is a yard clean-up of a very well kept lawn and flower beds. Not much debris to take away, but some. THere are some leaves to take away from the lawn and especially around the deck in the rear of the house. But all in all, a very easy clean up. Then the woman wants a small amount of mulch application. Probably about 2 yards, just around her small flower beds. So my quote reads so far, $200 for the yard clean up and $165 for the mulch, which includes 2 yards of mulch picked up and delivered to her house and the labor to apply it. So the total is $365. I just need someone to tell me that I am not ripping her off. (if I am not) THe job is about 20min from my house so I am trying to factor in a little travel time as well. And just so everyone knows, the $165 for mulch is $60 per yard purchased and installed, and a $45 delivery charge. What do you guys think?

2. rustyb265

oh i forgot....the yard clean up also includes one moweing of the lawn obviously. It is about 1/2 an acre. THanks.

3. rustyb265

Anyone?:sleeping:

4. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

Ripping somebody off is not the same as getting the most for your services in your given market. When you let others determine your prices you will either not have work or work for next to nothing. Let the market decide how much you charge.

5. rustyb265

Well, I mailed it off today. The quote that is. I will see how she takes it. $365 for a fairly easy yard clean up, one mow, and 2 yards of mulch installed. I have given quite a few quotes now and I always am nervous for some reason. Dont want anyone to think I am trying to screw them. I also have not been turned down yet so I must be doing something right. Any other thoughts?

6. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

It will get easier. Believe in yourself and your work and the rest will take care of itself! Oh by the way!! The quote sounds reasonable to me.

Good luck!

7. rustyb265

Heard from the customer today. SHe never even flinched at my price. just said, "sounds good when can you do it?" I should learn not to doubt myself. Maybe I am underpriced?!?!?!? :hammerhead: