Little help from LawnSite

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by advantage landscapes, Feb 2, 2008.

Which Logo

Poll closed Feb 13, 2008.
  1. Black Background, Grass

4 vote(s)
  2. Black Background, Leaves

4 vote(s)
  3. White Background, Leaves

8 vote(s)
  4. Green Background

1 vote(s)
  1. advantage landscapes

advantage landscapes LawnSite Member

Hello to everyone at LawnSite.

First of all, I have been doing a lot of reading and I decided it was about the time to sign up. This is going to be my second year in the landscaping biz (17 yrs old) and I am looking to do several things and steps..... But I think that LawnSite will be able to help me in a few of the things that are coming up.

First of all I am working this year to get legitimate. I have what I think is a good business name and am in the process of getting my marketing together.

I am trying to appeal to a higher-than-average income client base, and ask you to keep that in mind. I have several logos and I hope that you can offer me some feedback as to what you like and what you don't like. None of them are concrete and I can make changes, but the help from those of you who know what you are doing would be great. Thanks!

black wleaves.jpg

black wgrass.jpg

white wgrass.jpg

Attached Files:

2. advantage landscapes

The white one is an "echo" if you will. I can make either of the black designs with the white background for use on letter heads, estimates, etc....
  3. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

What services are you offering?
  4. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

I spent a great deal of time doing just as your are.

I definitely like #3 the white. I think it looks very good and would certainly be recognizable

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I like the second one, personally.
  6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I like the ones with the leaves. Black or white.
  7. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

What color is your truck......Is this going to be a decal (Magnetic) or permenant lettering......I like the black one with the leaves
  8. advantage landscapes

Well my main service is going to be mowing because it is for the most part steady income..... Meaning every week there are x number of accounts for x number of dollars, give or take. I am going to advertise for more "full service" if you will, because I want to try to make the most of the customers I have. I have also found that taking care of the whole landscape both builds a stronger relationship with the customer, and makes a better looking yard (Which both get me more references).

So small landscaping jobs, clean-ups, etc... are all on the table for it.

How do you like the name? I had a list of about 20 and narrowed it down to "Advantage Landscape Management." The word Management because I am not a major install company. I also think it sounds pretty upscale, what do you think?

No consensus yet, so keep commenting. I will try to add a poll. Thanks to those of you who did and Frue I think I answered your question. Thanks
  9. advantage landscapes

I would love to get magnetic decals but I assumed it was very expensive.... Is it worth it? It is black right now because it is a crappy "starting off" truck, but once I begin to generate some income I plan to look for a larger truck... So the color is sort of irrelevant for now.
  10. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got proofs for my decals. A 1ft x 2ft rectangular decal is $40 for a set of two. Magnetics are like $70 or somewhere in that range.

You can take the decals off within 3 years without them having a chemical reation to your paint. Besides, I think the magnets look tacky.

As far as your logo goes, I prefer the last one, but only because it has your contact number on it. Whichever way you choose, make sure you fit your number on it so people can call ya!