Little Help? which TRIMMER for longterm?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joynerjam, Nov 13, 2006.

1. joynerjam

joynerjam LawnSite Member

Just wondering what the consensus is regarding the best LINE TRIMMER for a non-pro moderate user. I'm tired of buying junk and looking for the last purchase for many years. My budget is moderate also... Many thanks guys!
  2. rocksrscott

rocksrscott LawnSite Member

If you are going to use one just for around the home? Check out the Echo SRM210 for about $200.00 Commercial grade low price.
    For commercial use every day I prefer the Red Max GZ25N for about $300.00 bigger motor heavier unit more power.
    Remember if you can't get someone to fix it it ain't worth having. Go with Dealer Support.

Remember opinions are like Fingers everyone has a few. My 2 cents
  3. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

stihl fs110rx and fs250r you'll have it all covered
  4. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

I have an Echo 210, Its a great trimmer. When I first was getting in tha biz it was what I could afford. Sometimes I wish I had spent another $100.00 on a Comm. trimmer. Tha 210 doesn't have tha power in tall grass.
  5. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Echo 210 best for moderate to heavy homeowner use good piece of equipment.
  6. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Well, I have an Echo SRM210, and I will say that it is not commercial grade, but it is a very good trimmer for $200. I don't think you will find a better one at that price. For a serious homeowner that wants something that will last and will only see occasional use, it is a good choice. mine has seen moderate commercial use and has held up well, but now it is only used as a backup. If you can spend a few more bucks, though, go for a Stihl FS90 or FS100. As a homeowner you will never need another trimmer if you buy a good commercial one. Good luck!
  7. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Instead of the Echo look at the Stihl FS55R. More power and a better warranty than the Echo for the same price. $199.99. If you want to step up look at the FS80R or FS90R units as well.
    Good luck with decision.