1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Little Help with the new Exmarks.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowwmann, Jan 6, 2008.

1. mowwmann

mowwmann LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

We are in the process of purchasing 6 new units. We have had our current mowers for 2-3 years now. Anything we should look out for with the new sizes and features with Exmark. Last season we ran 4-52's and 2 72's. Heard the new 52 has a lower quality deck, and that we will have to go with a 46 or 56. We put about 1200 hrs on each mower each year so if the new decks are junk let us know. I have heard the sales pitch on the new this and that. Just wondering what they like in the field from anyone who has used these sizes.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

56 poop in spring north grass. I would not purchase NOTHING WITH A TRITON.
  3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I like my ultra cut deck. My triton deck, not to crazy about.
  4. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

i am all most at the point were i will not buy anything with an exmark sticker on it
  5. mowwmann

mowwmann LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

they have the market here...used to have unbelievable customer service here, old owner sold to business man, slowly bleeding to death now...have had decent luck with exmark but not great...we use walkers as well...choice of them all is the 48 turftracer wb, couple of them running now for 4 years not one issue, not even a broken belt,knock on wood...but time is money...and easier to get guys to show up everyday if they get to ride some...
  6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah watch out for those pistol grips.
  7. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Wish you lived in my area, you would be treated like a king for buying all 6 of your fleet from me. I have only had 3 other LCO's that buy 6 or more every 2 to 3 years in my area, and all three have mowed with my machines thoroughly. Looks like two of them are buying from me this year...woohoo! The other one is a die hard Grasshopper fan, but he only runs mid-decks. I just don't understand it. He loved the machines and the prices, just gonna take a little more convincing to give in. Maybe after seeing his competition with em' huh? I will have 5 mowers in my fleet this year after scoring a few big contracts ...yea me!
  8. blind04

blind04 LawnSite Member

yeah i have to totally agree with the ultra cut deck being the best thing exmark has ever made, and the suckiness of the triton. i have 2 with ultra cut decks and they are the best cut i have ever sceen and very very fast also. i bought a new one last year and it had the triton deck. my dealer and i went back and forth with the exmark rep for 3 months becouse it cut soooooo bad. finally they bought it back and my dealer found me a new ultra cut deck. love the new ultra cut. but i am told by the rep and my dealer that exmark will not make the ultra cut any more. triton only from now on. sucks bad for me becouse i love my dealer, he takes good care of me. but i am done buying exmark if i have to get the triton. its a complete waist of money.
  9. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like exmark should take the hint on triton I also dumped my triton for another brand.
  10. mowwmann

mowwmann LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

i heard the 52" is being offered with a different deck this year. do you know what deck that is. we really dont want to change deck size, but if the triton is that bad, i wonder if our new 66 has a triton, i really dont pay that much attention to the decks and such, guess i should, the guys really liked the old 52's, whatever type deck that was. thanks again for the input. new dealer/manager, 2nd in 12 months...the orginal dealer knew everything...and if he didn't he found out immediately...could be interesting in future if triton is only available...hate to use walker do to no finish kit...but may be investing in some speed up kits...thanks again