Little League Complex

Discussion in 'Sports Field Management' started by DLAWNS, Nov 6, 2008.

1. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

M=1,000 square feet. Some say K.
    43,560 sq ft in an acre so a typical Little League field is just under 3/4 A. Most fertilizer and pesticide rates are per M or per A so knowing how many M you have is important.

2. RD 12

RD 12 LawnSite Member

If you take pride in your work and do what you say your going to do to the fields, you will probably need to cut them more than once a week. I took over a park, and they wanted it to be cut on the same schedule, but if you take care of them right you will need to cut them more than once a week. Plus it will take a little longer to cut then a regular yard, different patterns, etc.

3. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I've always heard K. Now I understand. Thanks for the clarification.

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks, man I will definitely take that into consideration in my estimate.

5. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

I use K for dollars and M for grass :) Hope you find a lot of both to take care of.

6. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Here are the pics that I promised. I am also having a very hard time figuring out how to get the square footage of the fields. I know length times width and all that but they are such weird shapes and I've never dealt with that. I've pretty much only measured homes and small commercials. Is there a formula or any advice that anyone can give me. I'm racking my brain over this. There are five fields. 1 tee ball field, 3 little league fields, and 1 larger field. The first 3 pictures are the tee ball field and the next two are one of the three middle sized fields.

lawn stuff-119.jpg

lawn stuff-118.jpg

lawn stuff-117.jpg

lawn stuff-116.jpg

lawn stuff-115.jpg

7. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

The first of this set is one of the three middle sized fields and the next four pics are of the biggest field. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lawn stuff-114.jpg

lawn stuff-110.jpg

lawn stuff-109.jpg

8. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I've been starting to run some rough numbers for this bid, but I'm stumped on how to get the square footage of the fields. I'm trying to get pretty accurate numbers. My question is: is there a method to determine square footage of fields? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

9. jmoore16135

jmoore16135 LawnSite Member

10. scagdude

scagdude LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

do you have pics of the job? there is no way to get the sq. footage with out asking the customer. you should look at the job and try to estimate how much time and effort it will take then compare it to how much time and effort your normal residentials/commercials take just for a starting price then you can go from there.