Little observation about crappy lawns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vandora Lawn & Landscape, Aug 25, 2001.

1. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

After checking some figures, I've actually found that I make great money on some of my worst lawns. For instance, I have two lawns next to each other for 20 and 25 , together they take 25 minutes. That's my most profitable lawn, how bout you guys?

2. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Well, along the same lines:

The 3 smallest lawns I have sit next to each other and all get cut every friday at $25 apiece. It takes about 50 minutes from driveup to drive away. I don't unload the Laser-just snatch the 20" off the trailer and go. I do them first thing in the morning so I'm getting in my 'walk' for the day early.

They are my most profitable...timewise. They are nice little patches of turf though.....

I think the 4th one is about to call...I'm trying to get the whole cul de sac. :D

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

same here . i have one ive had for 18 yrs. fairly lg but nothin in the way anywhere. i still chg her 30 as im there an gone in
    25-30. sorry to say i dont think the run will last too much longer.

4. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Those type are the best to do early in the morning, versus the thick luscious turf type lawns where the morning dew can really become problematic.

5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

I recently had to switch to mowing part-time. I sold off my big lush estate lawns and kept the small " high dollar for low effort " lawns.

6. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

My best stops are side by side, big or small.Dmk where your at do you get the fog w/ the dew? around here fog been hanging around til noonish grass wet til 2 o'clock

7. yergus

yergus LawnSite Member

I HAVE TWO LAWNS NEXT DOOR TO EACH OTHER AND COUNTING UNLOAD TIME AND LOAD TIME, WE ARE IN AND OUT IN 22 MINUTES, THEY ARE $30.00 EACH. I FELT BAD ABOUT THE TOO HIGH PROFIT, SO I GIVE THE FREE FERTILIZATION ALSO. ALTHOUGH THEY WERE HAPPY WITH JUST MY LAWN SERVICE.
    THEIR PREVIOUS LAWN CARE COMPANY CAME AND CUT THEIR LAWNS AT THEIR OWN CONVIENENCE, SO THEY WERE HAPPY TO GET US.

8. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

The smallest lawn I have is actually priced UNDER my minimum. To stop I charge $30 to start, then add for longer times. This lawn is $25, and takes me all of 5 minutes with the push, and weed pulling!

9. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Man you guys make me feel like i ripping people off! I got 2 side by side i get 37.00 each in an out in just under a hour . have another that takes 5 min. 25.00 all those are with a 36' w/b.The rest of my lawns average 35.00 per hour.

10. hustlers

hustlers LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

i got one little golf course condo account
    with 11 yards at 24 each
    $264 total- takes me 2-3.5 hrs. by myself
    Got real lucky cause yards are small and \
    unirrigated.

I would rather take 4.5 hrs. and have
    lusher grass though