little PITA...now HUGE PITA

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stephenslawncare, Jul 10, 2007.

1. stephenslawncare

stephenslawncare LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

okay, just got a check from a small PITA customer along with a note. this customer is a 30/cut customer. her bill was for $120.00 for four mowings in june. the letter reads as follows "I am deducting 15.oo dollars from the total because on 6/19/07 you only cut half the yard..." I do remember this day because i showed up, unloaded my stuff and then she came out saying to skip this week. the front yard was perfectly green and needed to be cut and the back was tall enough to be cut but was dried out and yellow. after about 10min. of arguing, we decided i would just cut/trim/edge/blow the front yard. We never agreed on 1/2 price. anyways, how should i handle this situation. and also if i dump her, how do i get the 15 dollars??? I have no problem dumping this PITA customer but I WANT MY MONEY!!!

2. stephenslawncare

from Midwest

also, this is an old lady who has nothing else to do but B**** about every little thing.:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

yea I kind of have the same sit going on....

this lady wants me to NOT edge except every other week, and drop her bill by 5.00, I informed her that a Biweekly edging will be 10.00 simply because it's harder on the equiptment and takes longer..

she still dont get it, I'm gonna drop her,

as far as your 15.00, I think she hurt your pride more than your pockett book.

Just take it on the chin, come here and Vent...

4. stephenslawncare

from Midwest

should i just say "cough up the 15 dollar or find a new lawn service" ???

5. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

Dear Madam:

It has become clear that we are not capable of providing the level of service you require. Therefore, we will no longer be able to provide service from this point forward.

Regards,

Stephen

6. GrassyTomm

GrassyTomm LawnSite Member

If you want to keep her as a customer, I think you can live without the $15. But, if you are not hurting for customers and are feeling like you want to drop her, I'd tell her to cough-up the 15 bucks or find a new service.

7. howardsells2000

howardsells2000 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with GrassyTomm.

8. stephenslawncare

from Midwest

the thing is, i just mowed her lawn on the 7th and i want this money too. how should i go about getting this???

9. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

Your actually worried about 15 dollars, you've been in business 4 years now, drop her and move on to an easier customer. about the extra cut bill her and in a polite letter explain you can no longer service her property. Whats the worse case scenario your out 45 bucks in reality how much is that to your business $16-20.

10. Bigray

Bigray LawnSite Member

i agree with grassy tom
    in this bus. just showing up counts for a portion of your expenses.
    tell her if she does'nt want the service to give you notice !!!
    not when you arrive @ the job.
    set her straight now as to your bus. practices / or give her the boot