Little punks made off with my equipment

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Larson Lawn Care, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I was parked in a church parking lot, I had a back pack blower, hand blower, and a trimmer stolen right out of my truck. This is the first time I have had anything stolen, I have been in the business for 3 yrs.

THIS IS A WARNING !!!!!!!! Keep an eye on your stuff, no matter where you are.

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

was it locked

3. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

unfortunately it was right in the back of my pick up

4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

that is my biggest fear that someone will take our stuff its a shame they cant work hard for equipment like we do

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

OF all places, a CHURCH!!!

6. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

funny because my parents have only ever had stuff stolen while they were at church...not sure why:hammerhead:

7. PTOhioMower

PTOhioMower LawnSite Member

Maybe the thugs were on there way to repent, but changed their mind in the parking lot.

8. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Or maybe someone didn't have any money to put in the offering basket. so they thought "Hey I can sell these, the lord won't mind ifI'm doing it for church.:confused:

9. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

good point(s) both PTO, and Dunn's.....these thoughts have crossed my mind before as well....just dont get it...but...turn the other cheek right?.....so i can knock the other side out as well:rolleyes:

10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Theft cost retailers 10s of billions of $$ per year(in which btw they pass the cost along to us) They steal in the midst of tight security. I don't see how anybody can sit their equipment out in the open on side of the road(or in any parking lot) and be supprised when somebody steals it:dizzy: