Little swimming pools

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Jun 22, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I love to move those little swimming pools for customers (tongue in cheek)

I finally had it today. I just mowed around it and the clippings went all in it. So I thought there that will teach the customer. Wrong, calls me up to complain. So I let her have it, I told her that I was sick on having to empty out the pool before I can move it.
    She basically says, "well isn't that what a lawn service is for."

I had to bite my tongue when she said that.

2. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i would move an empty pool, but never empty the water in it to move it. just tell her the grass underneath isn't growing!, no need to cut there.

3. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

After the "cancel-fest" I've had the last three weeks, there's no way I'd take that attitude with a customer right now. Heck, I lost two accounts before lunch today.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Been there, done that. Don't you just love people like that. If it's not a pool, it's something else. My favorite line has to be " how difficult can it be, it's only cutting grass". That comment always gets under my skin. Hang in there.

5. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I would never move a pool with water in it, all my agreements state, any large objects ( pools, benches, tables, etc. ) must be moved by the owner of said property. It goes on to state about not being responsible for any damages and so on, you get the picture. I started that about 2 years ago because of a little ***** who tried to pull the same stunt we me.

6. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't move anything like that, especially if it is heavy or even semi-permanent. I just trim around it. But I also run a mulch kit on all my mowers partly so I can control my clippings.

7. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

my bro tells me that every damn day, im so sick of it. he sees me on the fourm, then makes jokes on it.

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I moved a wood table last week. The top came off (part i was holding onto.) causing the legs to hit the ground and break. They want me to buy a new table (wife). The husband said, if he got the wood, I could fix it. I think i am going to add that for next years contracts.

9. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

I hate trampolines. Dropped an account this year due to one being put in a very small back yard. Just had enough of moving these things.

10. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes the trampolines are a pane iv got 6 cuts with them. They look good on the man show not in back yards.

carb4.jpg