Little tanaka outboard

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by lawnworker, Jul 27, 2005.

1. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Does Tanaka still have any of the small cruise and carry type outboards. I have read that production has stopped on these, but I am hoping there are still some in a warehouse some where that will be sold cheaply.I am looking for the lightest one made for a canoe mount.

2. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

3. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the link. I will check E bay. The 120 looks like the way to go. I wonder why Tanaka stopped making these things?

4. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

FAQ

Q - Are Tanaka Outboard Motors still being made?

A - No, they were discontinued due to EPA emissions regulations.

Q - Do you have any motors in stock? Do you know where I can find one?

A - We are completely out of stock. Most of our customers find them at garage sales, or by searching the internet. We do occasionally see them on Ebay.

Q - I’m not sure what outboard motor I have and I can no longer read the decals;

A - 1.2 HP – Has 2 bladed propeller.

1.75 HP – Has 3 bladed propeller with gas cap in front of the starter.

3.0 HP – Has 3 bladed propeller with gas cap behind the starter.

5.5 HP – Has an external fuel tank.

Q - Can I get a carburetor rebuild kit for my motor?

A - We have carburetor rebuild kits for the 3HP motors. At this time we only have carb kits for the TOB-300.

Q - Can I buy a fuel bowl for my 3HP motor?
    A - No we only sell the petcock assembly #592.10201.900.

Q - Can I buy outboard parts locally?

A - Feel free to check with your local Tanaka dealer. If they don’t have stock or can’t get the parts for you email (custsvc@tanaka-ism.com) or call (1.888.482.6252 ) us to order parts directly.

Q - Were the Cruise n Carry motors made by Tanaka? If so can I order parts from Tanaka?

A - Cruise n Carry motors were made by HMC / Green Machine (Hawaiian Motor Corp). Tanaka does not have parts for these motors, and we do not know where to get them.

Q - What gas / oil mix do I need to use for my outboard?

A - 50:1 gas / oil. Be sure and use oil that is designed for air cooled motors (BTW - Tanaka oil works great!!) not water cooled motors. Owner's manual says 25:1. This is incorrect for today's gas and oil formulas?

Q - Do you have manuals for the outboards?

A - Yes, we have parts manuals, service manuals and owner’s manuals here.

Q- Do you have parts for the Bumblebee outboard motor?

A- This motor was produced when Tanaka and Ariens were associated. The parts for this motor are no longer available.