little wonder 8 hp big enough????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by npilcher, Feb 19, 2008.

1. npilcher

npilcher LawnSite Member

i do mostly res mowing etc....i have 2 churches that i maintain. both hv smaller parking lots....prob 50x100 ft long....are the 8 hp lil wonder walk behind blowers sufficient? I have maintained these for 10 years w just a backpack blower, and that does fine....however i have ran across a pretty good deal in one locally. 200 bucks, runs great, just needs new throttle cable. These lots just have the usual few pine needles and leaves from week to week. None of my clippings are on the lots, so its not alot.

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

IT should do fine, I clean a parking lot with a 5hp and it does fine

wayne

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

It should do fine.:drinkup:

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

An 8 horse is right where the border is crossed of adequacy....and then some. An 8 horse of this unit is PLENTY of power and yet manageable weight-wise. It's basically the perfect combo.

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I prefer 10hp but they do recommend at LEAST 8, also in the earlier years a 10hp is heavy...
    Nowadays I could handle a 13 but it takes time, I think an 8 is doable, yes.

6. DFLS

DFLS LawnSite Senior Member

I had a 5, then an 8, then an 11. The motor blew up on the 11 and I put a 10 in it. I will never go back below the 10. Anything over 12 gets too heavy.