Little wonder 8hp problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Viseras lawn service, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Viseras lawn service

Viseras lawn service LawnSite Member
    from 6

hey guys.... i just got this blower about 5 days ago...and it is great.

Today while blowing leaves i got some vibration, like something inside the fan was hitting the blower housing, and also some squeaking. i took the front cover off thinking it was just twigs or leaves that got sucked into the fan and were stuck...but there was nothing....

any ideas on what could be causing this?

2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

any of the impeller blades bent, cracked or have any chips out of them?

3. sodgod

sodgod LawnSite Member

I'm 90% sure i know wat ur problem...it happened to mine. Take the guard off and look at the bolt holding the impellars on...that bolt come loose some times and cause what you described. Look it all over and make sure the bushings and shaft are ok and put loc-tite on it and you should be good to go. hope this helps

4. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a Little Wonder with a 13 Honda. It has some vibration at idle, this is normal. The squeaking (more of a rattle) could be coming from the nozzle on the side of the blower. There is bolts that the metal hits against when you change blowing directions. This bolts must be keep loose to be able to change the air direction.
    Click on #1 on the website and you will see the bolts on the patented air deflector.
    http://littlewonder.com/ho-blowers-feat.asp

5. Viseras lawn service

Viseras lawn service LawnSite Member
    from 6

hmm. i checked the blades...all good, no nicks or anything from what i can see. if i pull on the fan it has a very minute amount of play to it....the bolt might be loose? ill tighten it up tomorrow.

I checked the deflector chute....thats not causing the rattling...

the squeel sounds like that of a belt slipping on a car, but not as loud.

vibration also seems to be more that normal.

I think it is just the fan is a little loose.

6. niceguy

niceguy LawnSite Member

the fan comes loose on mine about three times every leaf season.