Little Wonder and a dealer are killing me!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Apr 28, 2008.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

My edger broke last Thursday and long story short, I ended up ordering a Little Wonder BedShaper. I oppted for the 13hp Kawi. my dealer orders it no problem, "It should be here tomorrow (Friday) or Sat. or Monday" ok great. Well the dealer was supposed to call the distributor and see exactly when it should get here. Well Friday comes and goes, Sat. comes and goes and today comes and goes. I finally called him back and asked whats going on. He says the Little Wonder rep. finally called him only to tell him they cant get the Bedshaper with the Kawi engine til' end of May! Meanwhile we cant start any new clean ups because they all have hundreds of feet of edges to do. Now I'm stuck paying another $212.00 for the 13 Honda. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow (yeah right). The dealer said if I order it in the next 2 minutes they could get it on a truck so I can have it tomorrow. He was supposed to call me right back ("in 3 minutes") and let me know if they could still ship it, never did. Finally the owner of the dealer calls and says he called the distributor and they said it could have went ten minutes either way (what the hell does that mean?). My guess is Wed afternoon before I see it. Why didnt the stupid rep. call him back last Thursday and let him know they couldnt get one til' then? Thanks Little Wonder for nothing! This $3650.00 edger better be worth it! Sorry for the rant, I'm just so tired of incompetence!

2. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i would've got the one with the honda for the same price. you should have bitched and complained till they did that for you. its only fair.

3. nobagger

from Pa

I did and he took off a whoppin' hundred bucks. He said Little Wonder would do absolutley nothing as far as price adjustments. I'm gonna be on the phone first thing tomorrow to see if I can get anywhere! Its funny, every time I call a company with a problem things usually get resolved.

4. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

there ya go. skip the middle man and go straight to the company and tell them your story. goodluck.

5. nobagger

from Pa

DAY FRIGGIN' 4 WITHOUT A EDGER! This stupid thing is in Columbus Ohio, 4-5 hrs away, I would have gladly went there for the price of freight and would have had it by now!

6. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

When you get it,let us know how you like it. Almost pulled the trigger on one, but held off for now.

7. nobagger

from Pa

Well we finally got it today and all I can say is HOLY CRAP does it do a nice job. Its fast, very manuverable but....it definetley takes some getting used to! One thing I dont like is the blade life. The manual says its good for roughly 10 hrs of use, seems kinda short IMO. I guess a lot will depend on what your cutting through. All I can say is if you have a lot of beds to edge every year its well worht the investment! Mine came with the Honda 13hp engine and the frigging bill was 3712.00...OUCH! but we'll probably have it paid for in 2 seasons.

8. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

That's 100 bucks out of their pocket so actually, it's pretty generous. When's the last time you gave 100 bucks away.

I've had a similar problem with some of my distributors lately. It all amounts to the same thing.......cost of fuel.

These delivery trucks aren't going anywhere unless the truck is full!!! I put in an order the other day, it was processed and shipped. Usually takes a day.....two max...... Took 4 days. Guy driving the truck is a regular. I asked him what was up because it was usually only a day or two. He said they are stacking stuff to the ceiling in the distribution centers of the shipping companies until there is enough to fill a truck.

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I got mine last year. I got tired of walking backwards with the Brown unit. My BedShaper has the 13 Kawasaki. It sat in the dealer show room for almost a year. They gave me a big discount. I payed $2500. Thats something like $900 off. I couldn't turn that deal down.