Little Wonder Bed Shaper

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Moretta Lawn Care, Jan 29, 2008.

1. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

The dealers price for the 13 kawasaki unit is about 2,805 for the briggs it's 2,550. Let the dealer have a 10% gross profit and you will have a fair price.

Have used one unitf or 4 yrs now and it is a true winner. Be sure you have enough work to justify the capital outlay!

2. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

im thinking about getting one in the spring and have a few questions for owners/users of them. im in CT, its alot of rock up here. how do they do in rocky conditions and around large and small roots?? what, if any, problems have you had, mechanical and or physically using it?? how do the blades hold up, do they bend easy??? any other comments appriecitated. thanks mark

3. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

I had the same questions as daricek. I came back from the dealer today and he wanted $4k for the kawi engine bed shaper. Anyone know any dealers in nj or pa that have them cheaper?

4. drtydeed

drtydeed LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

4K for a bedshaper is crazy. You can do a search on little wonder website to find dealers ($2600-3300 depending on engine, BS. Kaw, or Honda). Check out Mendham garden Center (NJ), Frank Rymon & Son's Washington NJ, Krock's in nazareth PA, V&C Accessories in Emmaus PA (they had the best prices for Bedshapers).

Regarding questions about capacity - I can only describe bedshapers- they work very well and are self propelled, but they are one dimensional (bed edge only). Blade is designed to hop over roots and rocks. Blade lasts pretty long and is inexpensive compared to the Brown.

The Brown you have to pull (is a little less $) and will go thru anything. Blades are not cheap. You have a bit more flexibility with the brown (trenching blades etc, but they cost you. They can not cut as sharp a turn as the bedshaper.

Hope this helps

5. drtydeed

drtydeed LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

You can do a search on little wonder website (http://littlewonder.com/si-dealer_loc.asp) to find dealers. Check out Mendham garden Center (NJ), Frank Rymon & Son's Washington NJ, Krock's in nazareth PA, V&C Accessories in Emmaus PA (they had the best prices for Bedshapers).

Regarding questions about capacity - I can only describe bedshapers- they work very well and are self propelled, but they are one dimensional (bed edge only). Blade is designed to hop over roots and rocks. Blade lasts pretty long and is inexpensive compared to the Brown.

The Brown you have to pull (is a little less $) and will go thru anything. Blades are not cheap. You have a bit more flexibility with the brown (trenching blades etc, but they cost you. They can not cut as sharp a turn as the bedshaper.

Hope this helps

6. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

I'll try calling around, $4k sounded really high to me I though they were around $3000-3200.