Little Wonder blower fans breaking anyone else?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CharlieBingo, Mar 27, 2004.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

Little Wonder blower fans breaking anyone else? I had 3 break last fall- all the new style.

2. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Not since we changed to Billy Goat!!

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Never even HEARD of that happening. Where are they breaking?

4. CharlieBingo

Right were they connect to the engine shaft.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If you had 3 break, I wonder if it could be related to a crankshaft issue? If it's slightly bent, I could see how this could eventually stress it enough to crack it.

6. greensideup

greensideup LawnSite Member

I had a similar problem just last week. This thing was rattling apart. Every nut/bolt kept coming loose. Especially the muffler bolts. Dealer was stumped- turned out to be impeller/crank related. They could not get the impeller off the crank. They even broke the puller trying to get it loose. Plus the threads in the head got screwed up because the muffler bolts kept coming loose. It has 6 months od warranty left. After some back & forth between my dealer & little wonder- they gave me a brand new blower. I must say I was shocked, but pleased none the less. We'll see how this one does. Scott

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Wow! Hey, what motors are you guys running? Are you both running Briggs 8 hp, or what? I have the Briggs 8hp I/C, but have had great luck with it, so far.

8. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Hey Excel, have you noticed any difference between the LW & the BG???? I checked them both out last week, the impeller on the LW's look alot bigger. The adjustable shhot on the BG's is nice though!!!
    Charlie, all three on the same machine or on 3 different machines???

9. CharlieBingo

It happened on 2 different machines Little Wonder says this is rare. There competitors say it's very common and I should try there blowers.

10. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Wierd!!! One of my local dealers sells both and swear by the LW. I know a mechnic there and he says the same.