Little Wonder Blower Help,please?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by BASIC, Sep 5, 2004.

1. BASIC

BASIC LawnSite Member

Hi,someone gave mw a little wondwe 8 HP I/C,B&S,blower thats a couple of years old.One tire is flat and coming off the wheel,how do I fix it?To drain the oil,what size wrench do I use,it's a square bolt,theres not enough room to get a rachet in.I got a size 9/16 socket on it but when I went to put a 9/16 wrench on it,the wrench was to large.I don't have alot of tools,pretty much just a socket set.I'd appreciate any help you may give me,thanks,BASIC.

2. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Is the tire still in good shape? No holes, cuts, etc? If not, bring it to a power equipment dealer to get it fixed and/or replaced. If it is good, you are going to want to use an air compressor. Wrap a rope around the middle of the tread, using a bar or stick to make sort of a tourniquet (sp?) to compress the tire to seal against the rim, and then inflate it with the compressor. The rim and tire should be clean so they can make a good seal. Also, check the "core" (the air filler thingy) in the tire rim, that it is tight and seals correctly.

Honestly, for the tire, if you don't have the tools, it may be easier to take it to the local garage. If the tire is too small for them to deal with, you will have to find a power equipment dealer. Shouldn't take them more than 10 minutes to inflate it properly (but you're still going to get charged for it!).

If the 9/16 wrench is too large, then it is probably needs a 1/2" wrench. A simple wrench set at the local hardware store shouldn't be expensive. If you are going to be working on your own equipment, you are going to want to start buying tools. Also, be prepared to bruise your knuckles trying to loosen the oil drain plug..

3. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

You got it for free so i would just take it to your local dealer and have him tune it up.

4. BASIC

BASIC LawnSite Member

Thanks guys,I'll take it to the dealer.I'm trying to do as much as I can myself to save as much as I can.Thankyou both again,BASIC.

5. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Ajustable wrench and a tube could save ya.

6. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I love vise grips for stuff like that, the adjustable wrench always seems to slip, just as its about to come loose, then BAM! you just busted your knuckles. :angry: :realmad: