Little wonder blower (vac?)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yorkpaddy, Jan 7, 2002.

1. yorkpaddy

yorkpaddy LawnSite Member

I'm interested in buying a little wonder blower for next year, I'm specifically interested in the pictures in their brocures where they are shown using the vac like a truck loader. I tried searching for "littlewonder" "little" "wonder" they didn't return any results

2. grasskeeper

grasskeeper LawnSite Member

if you haven't already checked, try going to their website- littlewonder.com. You may be able to get some information from there.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i was told by my dealer that they dont make those anymore.

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

5. Craig Jones

Craig Jones LawnSite Member

Little Wonder stopped making the vacuum chute about two to three years ago. We have a Giant Vac with the attachment and use it a times when we have to blow leaves over the fence. We did not find it very useful as a truckloader since it will clog with large sticksand /or wet leaves. We did have good success this year since it was so dry, the leaves shredded up pretty well. Our Giant Vac is a 1996 and I am not sure if they make the attachment still.

I did see such a setup at a local dealer made by MacKissac.

6. yorkpaddy

yorkpaddy LawnSite Member

how hard would it be to fabricate an adapter?

7. Craig Jones

Craig Jones LawnSite Member

I am not sure how hard it would be to fabricate. Ours is a flat metal piece that replaces the metal cover and has a metal tube extension coming out of it to connect the hose on. You could get s flat piece of steel and cut it to cover the blower housing in the front. Then have someone weld a round piece about 6" wide and a depth of about 10" inches to connect the tubing to. I am not sure how the setup was on the Little Wonder. If you do fabricate something, I would make sure you do not get a blower with aluminum fan blades. If you suck up a rock, I think it could do a lot of damage.