Little Wonder Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jmurphy, Nov 9, 2005.

1. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

Hi. I was wondering, how many of you use the Little Wonder 5 HP blower? Is it good for leaves? How much did you spend. Thank you!!:)
  2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

You need atleast an 8hp if you buying it new, other wise you might as well get the Redmax 8000 bacpac. For around $800 you can get one with an 8hp briggs
  3. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

ok well there is a used one on ebay for 450 and free shipping
  4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

too much for a used model (esp ebay where you can get a gem or a lemon)
    I would also recommend 8hp minimum.
  5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

We use both a 5 and 6 HP. A lot of people on here say they are useless and don't go smaller than 8. It beats a Redmax 8000 and Echo 650 any day of the week. Especially on big properties. We paid around 500 new....this was about 4-5 years ago.
  6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The guys are right, the dealer told me the same thing: 5 or 6 hp is entry-level and most of the time is purchased by home-owners because it gets the job done without a rush. For commercial applications, you really need at LEAST 8hp, I went with the Billygoat 10hp because the flue (or chute) is adjustable from the handlebar AND the 10hp was 900 while the 8hp was 800 so I got 20% more hp for 100 extra bucks, seemed like a good deal as you pay roughly 100 bucks per hp, so 10hp for 900...

Absolutely NOTHING compares to something that blows leaves FAR away from you in less than a second and FARTHER than the competition as you clear a path as wide as a road every pass you make, 4-6 passes takes care of most yards, the POWER of the machine makes me forget I'm working, it is SO much fun I even take pictures LOL !

A 10hp blower is powerful enough to strip gravel driveways, the BS is OVER with this joker, I've done leaves in the rain with it before.

You know those piles of leaves, they get so high the backpack refuses to move them so you gotta futz with it and blow off the top and sides? Not with the 10hp - It punches a HOLE right through the BIGGEST pile of leaves (at least TWICE as big as your biggest backpack pile) taking everything with it, rocks, sticks, branches, pets and garbage cans, too.
  7. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

For those with the non 'entry-level' it safer to assume you don't charge per hour but rather per job?
  8. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

with my Giant-Vac 16HP twin-cylinder hydro transmission blower. On road, of road, level or steep, the BS is over.

Can't wait until next year I will have my Sel-Bro rigged up in place of the deck of my 27 HP Gravely ZTR. Then not only will the BS be over, but so will the walking!
  9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Be careful with getting a 5HP WB that isn't much blowing power, most small back packs would be better. We was doing parking lots and found the 9HP not big enough so we went to the 13HP Billy is about as heavy as we want to push around.