Little wonder blower..

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Willofalltrades, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the chance to purchase a little whonder blower with a 8hp briggs motor. It has only seen residential use so it has under 50 hrs on it. The guy is asking $350. Would you buy it?

I do have a Walker and a BP blower so I have a decient way to control leaves. Also, funds are limited at this end.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Just make sure it's the one with the large impellar. The ones with the smaller diameter props aren't worth a darn. They don't work much better than a backpack. Same with the Billygoat. The small ones just don't work that well - no matter WHAT hp they are.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

not a bad price, new they are like $750 and up

4. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe it may be the SHO. Is that the smaller unit?

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, it is...And if that's the case, it's not even worth the 350. You will be disappointed. Yeah, it'll move some leaves, but nowhere NEAR the amount of the full sized unit. Like I say, a backpack pushes about as much as one of these - with alot more versatility.

6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i wouldn't own anything less than a 10hp personally. I started with an 8hp MTD from home cheapo back in the day, I used it for 1 season and then I bought my echo BP750, the backpack blew more than the MTD! I finally unloaded it after it sat in the shop for 5 years to some unsuspecting homeowner last year...