Little Wonder Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2 man crew, Oct 13, 2003.

1. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

Will a Little Wonder WB blower remove the embedded leaves from a lawn? I'm concerned about the tough ones that are stuck in aeration holes or matted way down.

Does the split flow on the discharge work that well? Or does it just blow the leaves that are sitting on top of the grass?

Also Thinking about getting the swivel wheel kit and mounting the blower on the front of a GD Super Surfer.

Dealer price 13 hp Honda SHO $1489
    Wheel kit $114

2. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I have yet to use a blower that will effectively remove wet, matted leaves, unless you have the discharge chute pointed almost down. I run the LW's 8HP.

3. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

i have 2 LW 11hp units.matted down leaves are tough to get up with one of those.i found that a pb blower like a shin 630 or a echo 750 will pull them right up

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Quite simply, the answer is no. I find that mowing before the cleanup is always helpful. This loosens the matted ones, breaks them all down a bit, and has all the material fluffed to the top. The material moves much easier that way. In the spring, when the leaves are really matted down, I use the JRCO rake. It lifts them right up.

5. Mowing Mike

Mowing Mike LawnSite Member

From my experience I take one person on the push blower and one using a backpack blower. Working together using the push blower to move the leaves as the backpack blower get them unstuck from the dirt or mud or whatever. You'll be surprised how fast the leaves will move.

Mike

6. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

Some will come up with the chute pointed down some, but the BP blower first approach is a good one.

As far as the split chute... it does work..... nice on big piles..... takes the tops off and still pushes air along the ground..... knocks over and moves tall piles FAST.

7. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

I ended up getting the 9hp Honda Little wonder. The distributer was out of the 13hp unit.

I've been using this thing for about a week now. I've ended up using it a lot less than I thought I would. It's heavy and clumsy on hills. But when you really need power to move big piles it's very impressive. It really saves time on large flat open areas. Not bad with embeded leaves with the deflector pointed down.:cool:

8. LawnCrafters

LawnCrafters LawnSite Member

The backpacks work well because you can direct the air down at the ground.
    I bought a couple of the Billygoat blowers because of the hand controled deflector. It alows you to take out tall piles in layers and you can direct it twards the ground which works very well for getting up embeded leaves.

9. G-father

G-father LawnSite Member

2 man crew - it is really important to have someone else with a bp right in front of you blowing directly at the ground. He gets them up and you send them flying.

Let me rephrase that you let him manhandle the little wonder and you take the bp. :)

10. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Well i just bought a Billy Goat and embeded leves are not a problem and it's lighter than the LW's and i did demo a LW once so i'n not knocking them but i got a better deal on the BG just my .02