Little Wonder blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Indiana, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

Thinking of adding a Little Wonder blower to my equipment I carry with me.

Anybody have one? I am thinking that the 5 hp would do what I want (blow leaves, help with fall clean-ups, etc...) Maybe the 8hp would be better.

Any information would help.

2. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

8 Hp would be much better

SJR

3. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

I have an 8hp L.W. It will greatly increase productivity for you, and I would highly recommend you get one for the fall. You will really want the 8hp. 5 is not enough.

4. forget the 8hp briggs. go for the extra couple bucks and get the 9hp honda. the engine will last you longer with fewer problems and give you more power.

5. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

I rented one for 2 days, took it back and bought one the next day. Get the 8 or higher:p

6. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an 8 HP and I really like it.

7. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got the 9HP Honda and paid $1100 for it. The 8 HP B&S were on sale for $600. Maybe I should have got the B&S but I haven't had 1 problem with the Honda and since there is nothing else to go wrong with a push blower (except those @#% tires going flat) I figure this one will last me a decade with 2 oil changes a year and gas.

8. stick9

stick9 LawnSite Senior Member

I love it, but it really needs a parking brake. The thing tends to role away when I'm using it ...

StiCK-ninE

9. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I agree with all get more HP. I had the 11 briggs with no trouble in three seasons. Try foam filling the tires before the fall season starts barkleymut.

10. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

I have an old style 8 hp and love it. Last fall I rented a new style 9hp Honda for a while. The new housing is amazing. You probably won't notice too much difference in the 8 hp or 9 hp other than the Honda will start every time on the first pull. At least all my Hondas do...that is more than I can say for some of my briggs!