1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

little wonder blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass_cuttin_fool, Aug 1, 2004.

1. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Im starting to think about leaf season guys and Im thinking about getting a little wonder blower. Most all of the properties I take care of I can just blow the leaves to the woods and leave them there. I have a stihl back pack blower and it does ok but on massive amounts of leaves it is slow.
    They have several size and engine choices and I am wondering what the most of yall use or what to stay away from, Most of the yards I maintain are 1 acre or less so I dont need the biggest baddest machine out there but I dont want to get a wimpy one that cant get the job done in a reasonable amount of time
  2. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

we only use Little Wonder great machines engines we have are 8 b/s industrial plus...
  3. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Spend a bit more and get the Honda engine. It will last much longer.

4. CamLand

really,how much longer?
  5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry but I can't answer that question.

We have been selling Honda powered L'wonder blowers for 8 years and haven't replaced an engine yet.

When we get a L'wonder in with a broken Honda engine I will email you.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This is the first thing that came to MY mind, as well. Everyone is so quick ti want to spend more money on the Honda motors, when in fact, I have never seen one of these Briggs 8 hp I/C motors go bad. The closest I have seen to that was one that I had that had a bad seal in the back and leaked a bit of oil. This was due to a big unbalanced propeller on a very poorly made old pushblower (Roto-Hoe). The blower costed me as much as what just the motor would have, if THAT gives you any indication of "top quality". lol Anyway, this thing ran great right up untill the day I sold the "shake, rattle, and roll" unit. I have the LW with the same motor as Cam does, and it's been a great machine. To answer your question, the LW with the 8 hp seems to be the most popular version around. There are bigger ones, but the weight and overall fatigue factor weighs heavily into it, then. Push and pull one around for an half hour or so and tell me how you feel.
    One thing to consider with the Honda motors, is that while they are great running motors, and very dependable, if you DO have to do any service on them, the parts are pretty expensive. I've experienced this with the Hondas that I own.
  7. CamLand

please do,my b/s work excellent and there 6 years old now and with tune ups and oil changes they will hopefully last a few more years...yes honda does make a great engine but cant see spending the money if it's not needed..
  8. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

If you run a Briggs for 8 hrs aday like some bigger companies I've never seen them last more than a year.
  9. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

I have seen a Briggs go bad. The 8hp on our little wonder twisted a crank. Thank goodness it was under warranty.
  10. Luscious Lawns

Luscious Lawns LawnSite Member

I'll pipe up for the B/S engine. I've had mine for 2 years and had 0 problems. I like the Honda motors to, have a couple actually. But don't discount the B/S. I have the 10 hp, we use bp blowers to clear the corners and edges next we use the Little Wonder to push up wind rows about 3 ft tall next we come through with a Lazer and bulldoze the windrow to the street for curbside pickup. We'll sometimes develop piles 5 ft tall and 25 ft long. Couldn't do the leaf season without a push blower.