1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Little Wonder choices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnspecialties, Feb 19, 2007.

1. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I have a five year old Little Wonder with the 5hp Briggs. It's really starting to get pretty tired.

For those who have used the various Little Wonders (HO, Optimax, SHO), what are your preferences? I maintain a church with a huge parking lot. Maximum air flow is crucial when blowing this lot.

Is the 13hp Honda that much better than the 9hp? I don't mind spending the extra money if it's worth it. But why spend extra money for a heavier unit if it's only a negligible difference? Thanks :)
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I think the 9hp wasn't much better than a big backpack so we took our 9HP Billygoat back and got the 13HP and sure wasn't sorry. We do a lot of big parking lots and when it is windy you need the horses. By the way consider the new Billygoat Force....it is a monster.
  3. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Well did the one you have now have enough power when it was new? If so, you may want to look into putting a new engine on it. If the rest of the blower is in good shape...and usually they are because there are really no parts to them. You have the blower housing and a fan...LOL

A new honda GX160 is around $350. A honda GC160 is like $220...
  4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

That's actually not a bad idea. I hadn't really thought of that option. Heck, I may just do both.:laugh: payup