Little Wonder edger

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by grampz, Aug 5, 2004.

1. grampz

grampz LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

I'm looking for a "Little Wonder Extra Edger" Model # 6050.

This is a discontinued item.... but it is a unique edger that is exactly suitable for edging a sea wall. It is also very handy for someone who is slightly handicapped....lightweight and easy to use.

I wonder if anyone out there knows where I can locate one just laying around in somebodies warehouse or in a showroom as a display model.

Thanks......... grampz@cfl.rr.com .... in Orlando, Florida

2. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

this site might help u find one;

http://www.littlewonder.com/xtra-edger.html

3. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Grampz, I sent you an e-mail

4. grampz

grampz LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

greasy gun...... thanks for the reply
    The site you indicate is the manufacturers site. They state that there is not another little wonder 6050 edger left in the universe.
    The item has been discontinued.......
    I found a salesmans demonstration unit in New York and have purchased it for 100 bucks less than a new unit price.
    I believe it will suffice for my needs..... So I guess my problem is solved.

Mr. C...... I have not recieved your email

Thanks for the help guys......... Ciao

5. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Ya know, I just don't understand, why stupid companies discontinue such useful items. If we had been told they were being discontinued when we ordered one for one of our landscaper customers, we would have ordered a few more so that we could still have them. Very poor decision in my book on Little Wonder's part to discontinue them. I'll hate to have to tell our customer they are no longer available if he comes back and wants to purchase a second one.

6. grampz

grampz LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

Mr. fixit.........
    You're right..... stupid move on the companys' part.... it is/was a well built little machine, easy to handle.... but way overpriced which I guess is why it didn't sell very well...... you know, it's that (over) price yourself right outa buziness syndrome that some of these companies are infected with...... I think it's called greed!

7. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

grampz
    glad u found one of the units :)

8. grampz

grampz LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

Me too........... thanks

9. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

beransfixitinc, I sent you a PM