Little Wonder High Performance Vac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Landscape89, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

From the website features and video, this thing looks like a BEAST! I wanted to know if anyone has used/own this? One of the testimonials remarked it was excellent with leaf vacuuming. My favorite and Im assuming its new to 2007 was the Hose attachment for the beds, etc. The reduction ratio seems impressive too. Wanted to see everyones thoughts!

hpv_full.jpg

600020.gif

2. bigtex

bigtex LawnSite Member
    from ma

not if your in commercial maintenance. way to much time taken emptying the bag over and over and over and (get the point). just not practical for commercial use.

3. ow man

ow man LawnSite Member

This unit does have it's place and time. With leaves, It's good for picking up (with the tube) in areas you cant backpack blow, (mulch beds, etc.) but for large leaf piles, it will fill quickly. It is nice for "garbage" pick up in yards. Nice for gum balls that haven't been pushed into the ground by ZT tires. It will pick up balls and pine cones, but doesn't chew them up much. Does have a decent reduction ratio for light stuff. Also it's nice for picking up paper, trash, etc. from commercial areas where there is a high traffic area. It's a decent purchase for your fleet if you want to spend the money.

4. ow man

ow man LawnSite Member

This unit does have it's place and time. With leaves, It's good for picking up (with the tube) in areas you cant backpack blow, (mulch beds, etc.) but for large leaf piles, it will fill quickly. It is nice for "garbage" pick up in yards. Nice for gum balls that haven't been pushed into the ground by ZT tires. It will pick up balls and pine cones, but doesn't chew them up much. Does have a decent reduction ratio for light stuff. Also it's nice for picking up paper, trash, etc. from commercial areas where there is a high traffic area. It's a decent purchase for your fleet if you want to spend the money.

5. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on what type of commercial. Giving blanket statements like this might not be such a good idea.

LANDSCAPE89, this unit lives up to it's name. Do a search on this site and you'll find all kinds of comments including my posts. Too tired to retype all the ideas and experiences I've had with unit.

All in all, probably one of the best suction out there. You can pick up roadchip, sand etc...

For leaves, it's amazing.

:)

6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

We've had one for years now and it does great with anything DRY. Wet leaves will clog it up in seconds. We mostly use it for cleaning out flowerbeds with the hose extention when its dry out. The reduction ratio is great, it shreds leaves into dime sized particles. Again things have to be DRY! It heavy also and maneuvering it around can be tricky.

7. bryant lawn & landscape

bryant lawn & landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Mine usually sits in storage. Like no bagger said, the leaves need to be dry, otherwise it will clog. The bag does fill quickly, but for the most part the debris breaks down a good bit. I purchased my vac last year thinking that it would make leaf clean up a lot easier. I was dissappointed. It works well for a final run through (push through) of a yard, or shines at picking up loose debris on curbsides and in parking lots. In retrospect, I think my grand would have been much better spent elsewhere.

8. bryant lawn & landscape

bryant lawn & landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Like 2 more Redmax 8001's !