Little Wonder Leaf Loader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mtdman, Sep 23, 2003.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Anyone get one of these yet, or get to see one demoed? My dealer had one for demo purpose, and I was impressed. Put in my order for one today. From what I understand, their availability isn't so great this year.

:D

2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

my buddy has one on order as well

i will have to take a look at it and give it a test
    i did see one but have not used it

what do you mean by bad availability?

3. Highpoint

Highpoint LawnSite Member

My dealer tried to impress me the other day. haven't seen a picture or anything yet. Was considering a leaf loader this fall. Was leaning towards the large Billy goat but this may be the ticket. We'll see. Show us some Pics!:blob3:

4. mtdman

I mean that the distributor for the whole SE Michigan area had 10 coming in this month and that was it for the season. I had to order mine today in order to insure I would get one. It's their first year in production, maybe they didn't expect a high demand?

5. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

so how much do they get for the little wonder in your area. Here they are 3000 i can the goat for 2500. They both have the same engine and capacity, I can't see giving little wonder and extra 500 for the same product on a new piece that is not field proven yet.

Whats your thoughts?

Blades

6. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have tried the little wonder...it has a tad bit more pull to the leaves than the billy goat (which is what I have). Not much more. Go for price and dealer service because they are both a close call.

7. mtdman

My dealer is getting me the LW for $2800. He doesn't sell the billy goats, which is why I'm buying the LW. He does deal the Trac Vacs, but they were a couple hundred more. I liked the cage that comes with the LW, and the fact that it's a LW product. Plus, it's a new item this year and a new toy, so why not?

:D

8. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, the dealer service and price is key. However, the one with the best dealer service sells the little wonder. I wouldn't say they have the worst but they don't turn business units out before personal. That means I could have to wait 6 weeks to get the goat back. But the little wonder would be turned around in no more than 3 days.

Damn I am in a delima!!

9. mtdman

My dealer is the same dealer I've been dealing with since day 1. They get me great prices on equipment, and whenever I have an equipment problem, they get on it pronto. They used to have an LCO but switched to dealing and repairs. These guys are great, they have saved my butt on several occasions. I always go to them first. From what I have heard, some of the other dealers in the area aren't as good and that keeps me going back.

I will be in the market for new mowers next year, though, and these guys carry cub, mtd, toro stuff. I'd like to get an exmark, but they don't deal these, and the nearest dealer is 20 miles each way. One of those dealers is bad on service, the other is so big I worry about them being impersonal. I'm in a bind as to what to do...

:(

10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

MTD, what "cage" are you referring to? You said what you paid, but you didn't say anything about what options you got (engine, mounting)?

I saw in a recent ad that the LW has a "shredding talon" to help reduce volume. Pretty wicked looking, like a chinese throwing star!