Little Wonder Leaf Vac

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by sparcolawn, Sep 19, 2011.

1. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

After finding out that the billygoat leaf vac will not mount properly to my 1 ton, i'm going with the 16HP Little Wonder. does anyone have one of these and how do you like it?

2. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes we have one it works awsome for its size.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm on my second one (sold the first one, then realized I couldn't live without it, so I bought another). We have it mounted on a one-ton dump, with a swing-away mount, it works awesome! With it mounted this way, I can still pull my L/S trailer to haul mowers and blowers. Search my posts to see pics of it last year on my old one-ton (got a newer Chevy for this year)

4. mattfromNY

5. mattfromNY

6. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

Matt, thats exactly what we'll be doing, we have an '03 chevy dump and it fits great on it, the dealer told us we would have had to mount the billgoat at an off set position or something.

7. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries LawnSite Senior Member

Can you further explain why the Billy Goat won't fit? We've got a whole lot of 1 tons that our units go on and if there's a problem I'd love to know about it. Can't make improvements if I don't know about a problem.

8. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries LawnSite Senior Member

Your dealer may not know about the Billy Goat SBSA6 (Stake Body Swing Away hitch) that gets attached to the right corner of 1 ton flat beds and allows for easy emptying of 1 ton trucks. We introduced it this spring.

9. DIXIECONTRACTING

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

10. bam

bam LawnSite Senior Member
    from .

there ok, not sure how quick or what kind of capacity you need. After having one a few seasons we now have a 25 or 27 hp tow behind giant vac.

Night and day.

The other problem with the little wonder is the output, unless they have changed the design recently. Input size and hose is fine, however output tube is angled, so the vac clogs easily. Its a strange design, and we had multiple clogs due to the steel output tube being on an angle, compared to the output housing.