Little wonder non-HO vac attachment kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jasond, Nov 11, 2003.

1. jasond

jasond LawnSite Member

I was looking through some old sales literature for the little wonder product line and saw a vac kit that attaches to the front of the old non HO wheel blowers.

I tried to get one, but the distributor/manufacturer both said that they are not available anymore.

Has anyone purchased this kit...or has anyone modified their little wonder (mine is an HO) to vac and shred???

We do very little leaf removals, since the cities here provide the service bi-weekly during the fall...we just have to get the leaves to the curb. But I would like to modify my little wonder to vac up small debris, especially after hedge trimming, mowing, etc.

Please post if you have one of the kits or have modified your blower to do what I have described.

Thanks.

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I have one, but it would only work on the older NON-HO blowers. The new ones HO's use a magnesium impeller (or aluminum?).....anyway, it wouldn't last 5 minutes sucking debris. The older blowers used heavy gauge steel plate impellers like you see on leaf loaders.

The hose kit makes one machine do TWO jobs VERY well.

3. jasond

jasond LawnSite Member

This blower is pretty old...a 5 HP briggs (non-ohv) and the housing is thin but large (diameter).

Could you take a couple photos of your setup...I would like to try and modify ours for small jobs like i mentioned.

thanks.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Does your impeller intake housing look like this?

[​IMG]

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Or does it look like THIS...?

[​IMG]

6. jasond

jasond LawnSite Member

mine is like the one you see with the red cover...making it an HO model.

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Your HO impeller was never designed to pass debris through. I would NOT attempt to either.