Little Wonder or Billy Goat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Nov 1, 2005.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

If you guys had to choose between little wonder and billy goat for a walk behind blower, which one would you choose and why?

2. tiedeman

from earth

I have used billy goat before, but I am curious about Little Wonder

3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I tried the little wonder and wasn't crazy about the fact that you can't adjust the shoot from the handle. I love my BG, 10 HP has tons of power.

4. tiedeman

from earth

I used to have a Billy Goat 10HP Brigs

5. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never used a Billy Goat, but I have 2 LW's and they see a lot of use in the spring and fall. They have been very reliable and durable for me.

6. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Yeah mine has the 10hp briggs, pretty reliable so far, I do service it regularly but overall I like it. The Honda 8 horse was $300 more but I just couldn't justify it. If I was usinig it year round maybe but its just pulled out for fall clean-ups.

7. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

get a self propelled if your going to be using it on things other then paved surfaces. Thats the only thing I wish I would have gotten. I have two 10hp lw's.

8. tiedeman

from earth

I got rid of my BG, and now I wish that I didn't. So I am looking around again

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Billygoat for no other reason than you can adjust the chute from the handlebar on the move. At LEAST 8hp thou 10 is better, I have the 10hp.
    Run it for 8 hours, change the oil to a standard oil, run it for the season then switch to a synthetic-base 10w-30 to 10-40 weight and she runs like a champ.

Only problem I ever had was a blown head gasket in 3 years of heavy fall-time use... don't do leaf cleanups in spring no more.

10. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

I have both, a 10hp Billygoat and a 9hp Little Wonder.

Little Wonder
    • Powerful
    • Moves large piles with ease
    • Heavier
    • More Balance-more weight on front wheel

Billygoat
    • Not as powerful
    • Adjustable shoot, great for those stubborn leaves
    • Lighter
    • More weight on back wheels, tips back more often

Personally i like the Little Wonder more than the billygoat, its heavier but gets the job done better. I was more annoyed with the Billygoat because it just doesn't get the leaves as far.