Little Wonder Push Blowers

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by vencops, Aug 10, 2011.

1. vencops

vencops LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I'm gonna pick one of these up in the next few weeks. Fall cleanup use and for use at my home.

How much difference in power between the 9hp and the 14hp?

I can count (5hp!). But, I have no idea if the bigger engine is worth the extra $$. Everything I did last year.....I did with a BP blower. I'm guessing the 9hp would blow away most BP's (no pun intended)?

Almost $100/1HP diff..

2. DIXIECONTRACTING

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

If you are using this on properties of 5-10000 sq ft or less I would stick with the 9hp due to the weight. Blow into piles and tarp if you have to. The 13 hp will only get you so far until you have to tarp anyhow. If you have hilly properties I would definitely stick with the 9hp.

3. vencops

from NC

I currently don't have a single property that I couldn't blow leaves into the woods (properties I'll be performing clean-ups on). Same hold true for my property.

But, the properties (that I'll be doing clean-ups on) are all an acre or larger. 3 are in a row and relatively flat. My property has a few hills (I live on top of one).

On the three in a row, I'm assuming I'd make a pass.....then go back to the beginning (rinse - repeat) until I have the leaves in the woods (200+'?). I'm not necessarily worried about time. I'm more worried about: 1) maneuver-ability and 2) is the 9hp. going to annoy me as far as having to make a ton more passes.

The 3 lawns in a row, luckily, have all the large, leaf-producers at the rear of the properties (the woods). None of the trees in the front (where I'd start) are over 20' tall. So, I don't foresee the 1st several passes having a lot of debris in them.

$500 is $500!

4. DIXIECONTRACTING

from NY

Well like I said weather you have a 9hp or 13hp you can only blow so many leaves until they are too heavy to blow and then you will need to tarp and drag so just keep that in the back of your mind along with the weight about 30-40 pounds difference between the two.

5. Southern Elegance

Southern Elegance LawnSite Member

the rpm is the same . stick with the 9 hp, you will not see any better results with the 14

6. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

If weight is a factor then stick with the 9. If the blower has a pneumatic tire option. Get it. You are really going to like what those machines can do for you.

7. vencops

from NC

Any preference on engine (subaru or honda)?

8. DIXIECONTRACTING

from NY

Honda for sure never let me down.

9. mowandblow1980

mowandblow1980 LawnSite Member

I think Little Wonder has a self-propelled version out this year too. I'd stick with the 9HP Honda too.

10. vencops

from NC

Picked up the 9hp Honda powered unit, this AM.

Thanks for all your info.. It has PLENTY power for my needs.