Little Wonder Sho blower vs Billy Goat 5 hp blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Oct 17, 2006.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone have any experience with either the Little Wonder SHO walk behind blower with either the 5 hp honda or 6 hp briggs on it or the Billy Goat 5 hp blower. Both units are on sale for a good price at my dealer and was thinking of getting one. Thanks

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I am familiar with the little wonder blowers and the billy goat blowers. I like the construction of the little wonder blowers a little more than the goats. If I was in the market for a wheeled blower, it would be a little wonder. JMO

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

That is a pretty small motor for a WB not much better than the large Backpack blower. We did a demo on a 9hp and decided on 13hp but we use them for cleaning up parking lots.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Save your money. Neither one of thes blowers are worth the effort. They have not only the smaller motors, but what is more than that,..they have the small dia. impellars which no matter WHAT size engine you have behind it (I had the 8 hp with the small impellar), it just doesn't put out. Today's backpacks will put out as much as they do, and have the portability to boot. Don't fall in for these smaller models. You'd think they would put out more, but they don't. Like I say, believe it or not, the backpack industry has caught up to them in the last few years

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I agree, I purchased a used 6 hp little wonder this spring to use on parking lots and for leaf removal this fall. It works ok but I up-graded to a more powerful backpack blower last week and its just as strong.

wayne