Little wonder spark problems

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by baseball9074, Nov 5, 2012.

1. baseball9074

baseball9074 LawnSite Member

I have a little wonder blower with 10hp Briggs and Stratton intek I/C 305. It was running fine then shut off unexpectedly. It would not start so I looked into the problem, I replaced the air filter, and the spark plug to start with. After no luck, I realized there is no spark so I bought a new ignition coil. I installed the coil according to gap size and still no spark. At this point, I am stuck on what could be the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. bls47303

bls47303 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

dose it have a low oil shutdown? check you oil level if its low you will have no spark. also check the on/ off switch

3. baseball9074

I will have to check both of those. Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. TempleLawnCare

TempleLawnCare LawnSite Member

check your pushrods

5. bls47303

bls47303 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

pushrods should not have any effect on spark

6. TempleLawnCare

TempleLawnCare LawnSite Member

Your totally correct on that, over the last week I snapped 3 pushrods....first time I thought it was a spark issue and after further research I came across a thread about them being notorious for snapping pushrods and pushing out the valve guides. I said what are the chances and pulled the valve cover off and there sat a broken pushrod, so I was just giving advice on something else that is simple that he can check into. My resolution was a Honda GX390.

7. baseball9074

I will have to check the pushrods, does your blower have the intel Ic 305 as well?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Those engines are crap. I have one on my Billy Goat. Mine has been better since I replaced the head with an updated one.

He just replaced his problematic Briggs with a Honda.

9. baseball9074

What do you think could be causing it not to spark?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. baseball9074

Looked into it today, bent pushrod was the answer. What should I know when I put a new one in?
    Posted via Mobile Device