1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Little Wonder vac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DAV Mowers, Aug 27, 2006.

1. DAV Mowers

DAV Mowers LawnSite Member

This is my first post, been licking on here a couple years and I've learned a ton from this place.

I need as much info on these Little Wonder Vacs, the self propelled ones. Do they really do the job?? Are they worth the $1,500 they sell for or are the Billy Goats just as good?

The reason I'm asking is I have a bad back and raking leaves is too much for it, all I'm able to do now is cut them up with my Z but I've got some new customers that want their lawns cleaned up rather than cutting up the leaves since they have too much leaves. I've thought about it all summer and they are right, too many large oaks.

I'm just trying to find something that will help me with the leaves so I can keep working a lottle more this fall.

Oh, I'm a one man operation.

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used the Little Wonder Vac. The one I used wasn't self propelled. It was heavy and not easy to push on lawns. It had a lot of suction and overall worked great. I am going to demo the self propelled model when my dealer gets one. I am going to be using it mainly for driveways, parking lots and areas that I can't use a mower.
  3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

We have a Little Wonder HPV (not self propelled) and its a real PITA! Its heavy, it cloggs in wet leaves. I've posted replies in here before about it and I wouldn't buy another one. The only thing we use it for now is, cleaning out flower beds with a 12' hose we bought for it. It seems to do ok there, infact it does pretty well and it beats raking or blowing out beds. But for general leaf clean up, I would look into a leaf loader for your truck. You can pick them up anywhere from 1500.00 to 3500.00. The Little Wonder in my opinion would do more harm to your back then raking and using a truck loader.