Little Wonder w/b Blower fan removal

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by MOOSE, Oct 4, 2005.

1. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

What is a good way to get the fan off the engine shaft. Only thing we have not tried is a torch. And does the shaft have a taper to it. Any help will be much appreciated.

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I can tell you it is a standard keyed shaft, But it's been so long since I took one off I don't remember how I did it.
    Sorry, It's hell to get old.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Are there treads in side the fan?? if there is, you can pull it off with a bolt. just put the bolt into the tread and keep tightening it.

John

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

6. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

I'm going to try the bolt inside the fan and see if it works. If not it will go to my buddys whose got a torch. Thanks for all the help.

7. Korey

Korey LawnSite Senior Member

Before I figured you could use a bolt in the fan thread to push the engine out, I tried hammering it out and tying the blower to a tree while trying to pull the engine out with my truck with no avail. The threads in the fan are damaged, and was wondering if there was any other method I could use for separation without having to cut the crank. I would like to install a new engine on the blower.

8. Korey

Maybe if I had a really big hammer and a person to hold the rod. Any volunteers?

9. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Thread a bolt, or threaded rod, into the front of the fan...that pushes the blade off the shaft. I cant recall if there are any set screws however.

10. Korey

Unfortunately, those threads are damaged. Only if I had known earlier... :hammerhead: