1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Little wonder Xtra edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toroguy, Sep 5, 2001.

1. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I picked up a Little wonder Xtra edger last week and am very pleased with its performance.

Its a 34cc engine attached to a wheel barrow type handles.

I have only used it to redefine edging along walks and drives, but it edges as fast as you can walk. Also it is lightweight (18 pounds). It tends to roll in the bed of the truck but I set it between the bed wall and my blower and the rolling stops.

Its not really justifiable for a homeower to buy a power edger, so its a nice add-on service that sells itself in the field. I picked up two extra edgings today from neighbors and they said expect more calls.

Good luck.
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You know, I've often given thought to their handle set up and how it would simplify operation by having more leverage side to side. It just makes good sense to have a wider grip on an edger when you're constantly correcting and changing the verticle angle to match the curb and keep it cutting with the front of the blade against the curb.
  3. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I demoed on of those babies and wow!! That is a great little edger. I have a wheel edger now , but when it needs replacing I'll be buying one. :) ;) :) ED
  4. bkd

bkd LawnSite Member

Who makes the "Little Wonder" and where can you get one? Also, what is the cost of the machine?
  5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Little wander is its own company! I beleave they are out of South Hamton PA. They make many diffrent machines including blowers hedge trimmers and edgers. Most equqipqment dealers carry little wander!
  6. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

Little Wonder has a website.

On the site, you can do a dealer search and find out your closest dealer.

I bought an 8 hp walk behind blower and found the dealer through their website. They make great stuff and would highly recommend it.