Little Wonder Xtra Edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Likestomow, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone tried the Little Wonder Xtra Edger? It looks like it has more power and the two handles seem like a good idea.

I have a 25cc stick edger, but it is difficult to use when establishing a new edge on over-grown lawns in the spring and summer.

2. Rhodester

Rhodester LawnSite Member

I bought one for a huge job this summer and I figure it paid for itself in one day. It will literally edge circles around any standard walk behind. Light, plenty of power and turns on a dime.
    Problem is, unless you do a lot of edge establishment it's one of those tools that's great to have when you need it, but mostly hangs on the wall and collects dust.

Dave

3. The best $450.00 i've ever spent, it cuts my edging time by 40% and is great for doing curbs.

Steve

4. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Have had mine for two years, great for following cement curbs (reestablish or first time edging), difficult to edge a blacktop driveway without curbing (I usually stake out a string to keep the straight line).
    Light, easy to store, good power and no problems so far.
    X-TRA is one of those low use tools you will be glad you spent the extra bucks for.
    BobR

5. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

I had one great edger problem i had was i have a account with 1,600ft of sidewalk and it has a fence less than 12" from the sidewalk i kept hitting my hand on the fence unless i edged at a angle so i switched back to a stick edger.