1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Little Wonder

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kemmer, Jul 13, 2004.

1. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

what should i get? the little wonder 9hp w/ honda or a 10hp w/ b&s? ive heard that the 10hp has had problems but i dont know what they are. is it a very serious problem?
    also the honda cost about $200 more then the b&S.
  2. Luscious Lawns

Luscious Lawns LawnSite Member

I have the 10 hp B&S Little Wonder. Runs like a charm. It's 3 years (Commercial use) old and never a problem. Starts on the 1st or 2nd pull. Can't imigine what problems would come from this unit. I love the Honda motors but I've been very happy with the B&S. When leaf season hits these things are worth their weight in gold.

3. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

the website at littlewonder.com lists several products. I assume (dangerous, I know) that you're referring to the leaf loader.

Yes? No?
  4. kemmer

Mark McC

im talking about the push blowers
  5. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 10hp B&S and have had no problems with it. The thing saved my life last fall.
  6. Josh18

Josh18 LawnSite Member
    from AL

I have never really looked at those blowers before, but their website makes them look pretty interesting. If you don't mind, how much did the little wonder cost?
  7. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the 9 HP Honda which I bought in 1999 after we blew up several Briggs engines. The blower has been great with very few problems, and we use the push blowers heavily in spring and fall. Spend the extra money, and go with the Honda.
  8. kemmer

im not sure if i should spend the extra money on the honda or go with the b&s becasue my dealer says that it doesnt happen to all the b&s's
  9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Mine is the B&S 10 hp, its 3 or 4 years old (can't remember its been a long day today) I never had a problem with it. I heard there were some problems, but like you. I don't know what they were.
  10. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Depending on how many accounts you are doing, the Briggs may do just fine for you. My first was a Giant-Vac with an 11 HP Briggs and that blower lasted me a long time. Now, my walk blowers are going 8-10 hours a day, 5-6 days a week, from mid October through December, and then most of March and April. That's a lot of hours, and the Hondas have been better for me. Good luck with whatever you get, you will like it!