Little Wonders New Scrub Toy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fareway Lawncare, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Doesn't look all that bad, can't be any worse than a Billy Goat or a Parker

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It has it's applications,- just not doing leaf removal. The only advantage would be if it had like a hose that hooked up to the front to vacuum beds and/or pits out with. It doesn't appear to have that, though.

4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Problem is They Show it Sucking Up Leaves on Turf....Probably its Least Productive Function....& Definately Not Something you want for Leaf Clean-Ups....They know this if they've talked to Any Contractors as they Claim....

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

We wouldn't want "Joe Homeowner" to realize that his 21" Snapper with a bag on it could vacuum up leaves as fast as these type of machines can. Afterall, this is the type of marketing that has to appeal to the "masses". lol
    Hey, how about a nice "DR string trimmer mower" to go with that?

6. superdave

superdave LawnSite Member

Guy's help me out on this since I'm new to the biz. I actually was looking at a Billy Goat Vacumn for leaf removal. I take it you guy's don't think their necessary. It seemed to me like it might be a decent tool since i don't have a bagger for my grasshopper. I thought I could also use it to clean up clippings off concrete as opposed to just blowing it around with my backpack. Let us newbies in on your ideas.

7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

dave- Spend the money on the bagger for your grasshopper. It will save you in the end. Then get a leave loader so you can dump and go with the grasshopper. Then load the truck and go. Many LCO that own grasshoppers only used them for leaves. If anything get a little wonder push blower and a leave loader.

8. superdave

superdave LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input itsgottabegreen, by a leaf loader are you talking about the big vacuums for your truck or trailer or something else? Like I said I'm new at this and this will be my first fall in the biz. By the way my grasshopper is an older 718D with a 48 in front mount do you think I can find a bagger for it?

9. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Will it work with leaves on concrete? I have a tennis court to keep clean and it has a fence all the way around so I was thinking about one of these for that. I would think it would work better than a blower/vac.

10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Dave - call around you might be able to find used baggers.

Yes I mean leaf loader as the big vacums for trucks. I don't have one, but I don't do many properties with leaves. Mostly I just blow the leaves back into the woods with my little wonder. If you have a pick up or a dump, build a box for it. Then used the loader to filler her up. If you have a pick up, then used the loader to unload her. Don't worry doing leaves to much, there are a million ways to do them, you just have to find the method that works the best for you.