LLC and INCer's

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LB Landscaping, Apr 7, 2005.

1. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Quick question for anyone whose is an LLC or is Incorporated. Are you required to list that on say trucks, shirts, letterhead, etc.

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I am LLC, you need to state you are LLC on all invoices, advertising, etc. your mileage may vary in ME though.

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

you can file for a trade name or dba to work around the need to add "llc" or any other entity.

for example: "Bob's Mowing, LLC dba Bob's Mowing"

4. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Thanks guys I plan on calling my Lawyer and seeing what he says today, just firgured I'd see what others have done.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I use the LLC on everything in my business...why not?

6. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Its not really why not, its more is it required. I plan on adding LLC to my logo, and anything I order in the future. I was just wondering if I was required to add it to items I already have ie trucks that are already lettered, business cards I still have, etc.

7. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

if you do not file for the dba, you have to use the llc on every iteration of your name. filing for that is the first bit of advice i give to everyone having a professionally designed logo done. that little addition can wreak havoc with a design, and i've yet to see it on a logo where it looked good or added to it.

besides, it only takes one person to ask what the "llc" stands for and wait for the follow-ups asking to explain how "limited liability" impacts them...

8. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Good point Tony, thanks.