LLC company

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JTS Landscaping lawn, Nov 5, 2005.

1. JTS Landscaping lawn

JTS Landscaping lawn LawnSite Senior Member

i was talking with my insurance company and he was telling that i should look into the LLC for my company. was wondering what the LLC is.

2. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Its a hybrid of of corp. and sole prop.

Gives you the limited liability with flow through income. Becoming pretty popular.

3. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Limited Liability Corporation provides you with a layer of personal asset protection in the event you are sued vs. sole prop where everything you own is on the line. The real point to ponder is how secure does the LLC make your assets? I feel secure as an LLC and I've not heard of anybody around my neck of the woods getting burned on this. I chose this as the best business structure to begin with, intend to incorporate in the near future.

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<Table width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><TR><TD><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></TD></TR></Table>
    Hi JTS Landscaping lawn,

The LLC creates it's own business entity versus a Doing Business As. As Green-Pro said, it should provide you with more protection.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>

5. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

They charge here annually for LLC's so I went with sole prop.