LLC on the logo or not???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Larson Lawn Care, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I assumed that LLC should be on my logo, since I am a limited liability company. I have been told by a few to take it off, what do you guys think???

2. HydroCutter

HydroCutter LawnSite Member

I believe it has to be on the logo, I don't think it's a choice. However, I am no lawyer, so can't say it as a fact.

3. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

i don't have it & mine was designed by a friend who knows a great deal about business law. he did say however that it should be on all legal documents, contracts etc.. I see no legal need to have it on my caps, shirts etc.. IMHO
    Glenn

4. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

just take a look at the banners at the top of the page. no llc, inc, co. etc.

5. Brick One Lawns

Brick One Lawns LawnSite Member

I know for a fact that you have to have LLC in your business name on the side of your trucks or whatever. I dont know if it has to be in your logo per say... here's what I did

Attached Files:

6. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

According to our attorney LLC is a part of our name as it is registered. With that said, we have to put LLC on all advertisements and correspondence.

7. rockymtnmf

rockymtnmf LawnSite Member

If it has to be there, why don't you ever see, Sunoco,Inc, Verizon, Inc, McDonalds,Inc, Best Buy, Inc...

Is "Inc," different? I can't imagine every major corp. has a DBA?

Explain why LLC has to be there. And even if it does, why? Would that void your insurance if you didn't have LLC on the truck? What law are you breaking?

If you don't want it I wouldn't use it. I had an LLC years ago, never put it on anything. I'm an INC now but i have a DBA (doing business as) so it doesn't matter anymore.

8. Brick One Lawns

Brick One Lawns LawnSite Member

LLC has to pay a lot less in taxes and fees and such. Inc. is different Although if using a DBA I guess you dont have to put anything on there except the name. Not putting LLC in your company name is definitely illegal though.

9. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

For a logo you do not need the LLC. You don't even need the name. It's a logo. Ask your attorney and they will tell you the same exact thing.

10. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i kno in jersey that it has to be on all legal docs...im pretty sure that it has to be in the logo as well if you have it on a truck or whatever...idk though...i remember reading something like that...hey i think the LLC thrown on there for every1 to see gives you more credibility