1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by IN2MOWN, Apr 23, 2007.

1. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Right now Im a sole proprietor. My family and I have to switch insurance companies and I can get a better rate through a group plan if I INC or become a LLC.

I have no employees. I gross just under 100K.

Which one would be better for me?
  2. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Talk with your accountant. I incorpoated last year, went S-corp. I was sole prop, no employees. The mistake I made was having a lawyer do the paperwork, not my accountant, big mess. I was switching accountants at the time to and that caused some of the problems.
  3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Check with your accountant to see what would be best for YOUR company. I just switched from Sole Prop. to LLC taxed as an S-Corp.
  4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

LLC all the way.

Both have no liability but LLC has far less formal recordkeeping and no annual meetings or stock "stuff".:)
  5. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

6. Nathan Robinson

Nathan Robinson LawnSite Senior Member
    from 47712

It all depends what your ultimate plans are for your business. e-mail me if you want. Being an inc. requires you to pay more tax in a sense. Its a long story. e-mail me and I will send you my accountants email address. she will be able to help you.