LLC or INC.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JnK Lawn Service's, Jul 25, 2004.

1. JnK Lawn Service's

JnK Lawn Service's LawnSite Member

should i put my business under a LLC or a S CORP

2. TropicalBreeze

TropicalBreeze LawnSite Member

Do your research - talk with a cpa and find out which suits you the best. You'll find that S corp is the most common.

3. Green&Growing

Green&Growing LawnSite Member

Don't forget to check with a lawyer, incorporating can get expensive.
    In the Mid West (Iowa) most LCO's use LLC. because you get away from the double tax and personal liability, but you still don't have to mess with as many "ownership" issues.
    S-corps are more complicated (read expensive) to set up. Maybe overkill for a maintenance company.
    But every state is different, so like TropicalBreeze said, check with your CPA and Lawyer.
    If you don't have one of each knock on doors and ask to barter your services for theirs.

4. Green&Growing

Green&Growing LawnSite Member

I should add I have two companies under my LLC with a few more in the works. Lawn care & ATM machines now. Coming soon a repair shop, and a car lot. So maybe that has something to do with the way my CPA/lawyer advised me.

Good Luck!

5. TropicalBreeze

TropicalBreeze LawnSite Member

I was confused. But was lucky that I have a sister in law who's a CPA, she advised me to talk with a lawyer. Between them I came to the conclusion a S corp would be the best.

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

7. JnK Lawn Service's

JnK Lawn Service's LawnSite Member

Thank's to all who took the time to respond. Your info was very helpful.