Llc or incorperated

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bobbyslawnservice, Jul 29, 2010.

1. bobbyslawnservice

bobbyslawnservice LawnSite Member

Which is better llc or incorperated thank

2. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

llc is incorporated.........you may want to ask sole proprietor, llc or s-corp.

3. bobbyslawnservice

which is beter sole proprietor, llc or s-corp. thanks:confused:

4. jntaylor

jntaylor LawnSite Member

5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

What are you trying to accomplish? I'm an LLC, my buddy is a sole prop, and my old boss was S-Corp.

6. bobbyslawnservice

just seeing which is better to start a company with
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

For what? We can't help you if you don't tell us what you're trying to accomplish. Do you want a multi-million dollar company with multiple partners, are you looking for a part time company, or do you want to work full time by yourself, or full time with a few employees, or full time with a partner?

8. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Arcadia wow things are going to be a stand still down there in a month or so being its all Bahia. I'd go with an LLC if its only you and maybe another owner. In reality its not a big deal because you can always change it. I would not go as a sole proprietor Don't waste your money on having someone else do it. File for an EIN with the IRS takes like 5 mins on their website. Then go to Sunbiz and file for INC or LLC whichever sounds better IMO its peanuts with the difference being very little. You can file for a DBA on SUNBIZ.org too. Personally I would file an INC in your name JOHN SMITH INC. for example then file for a DBA like Hendry Mowing or w/e under that INC so you can build it and sell it one day or start another business under the JOHN SMITH INC.

9. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

LLC = Limited Liability Company, not a Corporation.

10. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Things will hardly be stand still in a month or so. I mow Pensacola and Argentine bahia clear into December, there is also a bunch of Irrigated St. Augustine and some Zoysia in the county.