1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

LLC Question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BigTrucks4Life, Dec 3, 2012.

1. BigTrucks4Life

BigTrucks4Life LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I searched the threads and found something similar but I am still unlcear on the question. I am trying to form an LLC but my city only has occupational tax license. To form an LLC do most people go through the internet and receive it or go through a local lawyer. What is the best route to get an llc license?

2. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Find out from your Sec. of State's Office. Doing it online will cost you more.

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I go through my lawyer. Let them deal with all the paperwork etc.. Going this afternoon to sign the paperwork on my new company. I would rather pay to have it done right.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. BigTrucks4Life

from Georgia

yea im looking in to that, what does that usual cost you?

5. BigTrucks4Life

from Georgia

Basically I am just trying to form one so I can advertise this next year. I have already started cutting yards and with expansion I know I need to have my license. The lawyer I looked into said they pair up with my accountant and go through the id process and said I need to get with my accountant first which I dont have one.

6. n-green

n-green LawnSite Senior Member

Contact your state SEC office. It's simple and cheap. Talk to a tax acct or advisor.