LLC Registered Agent

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rjgolfer, Jan 9, 2008.

1. rjgolfer

rjgolfer LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I am in the process of forming an LLC and using Legalzoom.com. Need to have a registered agent and they charge $149 year. Does this sound reasonable??

2. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

This has already been answered:
    Be your own agent and save the money...
    Or better yet: I can be your agent for $120 a year !!!

3. grasshopperslawn

grasshopperslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Be your own registered agent. Like I am it is just a watse of money to have some-one else do it

4. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

what are the benifits being a llc

5. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know about where you live, but in Louisiana it cost $70 plus an additinal $30 to have the paperwork filed on the spot.It took me a total of 30min. that's it....save your $$$$ and do it yourself.

6. rjgolfer

rjgolfer LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Not sure how to do that but love the idea...will see if I can find the thread here...THANKS!!!

7. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

ok i read up on it a little i already have a ein number as a sp... if i become a llc does the irs issue a new ein for the llc

8. rjgolfer

rjgolfer LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

9. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

Just put your name on the LLC registration form. There is nothing else to it.
    Check your state web site, in Florida you can register a LLC in less than 10 minutes over the internet...

10. Goodaaron

Goodaaron LawnSite Member
    from KY

Check out this thread in business management http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=210377

Grassyknoll had some good points for having a registered agent. I personally think it is just another way to separate your name from your business entity. If you got the cash I say go for it. The least amount of things I have to worry about the better. That's why I have one. Best of luck in your new business in 2008! :)