Lli

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Jan 26, 2008.

1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Has anyone who participates here taken Jan Moyer's program "Landscape Lighting Institure" in Troy, NY?

If you have participated, I would really appreciate your comments, review, and input.

Thanks.

2. Eden Lights

Eden Lights LawnSite Senior Member

I have been, I will PM you when I get a chance and I may have reviewed this already over at Lowvolt.org.

3. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Thanks. I would appreciate your feedback.

4. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

There is a guy either here or on another forum we attend, who is from upstate NY and has participated in that program.

5. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

i think your reffering to tom williams there mike. Very accomplished designer as well.

EDIT--Sorry I took out the rest of my post

6. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Eddie

I never did get that PM you mentioned. I would really appreciate hearing your feedback directly.

Thanks.

7. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

8. Eden Lights

Eden Lights LawnSite Senior Member

What's that mean?? It's raining today, but behind on designs. How about a phone call James, what time should I call.

9. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Call is great. it is 11:41 here now and I have a a 2pm meeting. Will be outa here by 1pm. 705-385-3000

Thanks.

10. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

I was being pesamistic I guess.

I have heard a lot about the class and Nate used to be the one who taught all of her technical stuff. Correct me if I am wrong but unless you are going to just be inspired and to listen to a bunch of over the top design philosophy you really dont learn much that is going to help you make more money. I am not knocking going and learning, hell I told Nate I was thinking about signing up some day. But from what he and others said is that she really doesnt teach, she just kind of lets you play with a bunch of lights and experiment, she doesnt walk around and critique and tell you when what you are doing sucks and this would be rigth and yada, yada, yada.

They concensus was that after hearing her speak/teach you walk out going thinking that she is awesome and that you feel so inspired. But when you actually sit back and think about it you really learn nothing.......

Tell us what your feelings were Eddie. I am not trying to be super negative, but I have heard things that made me form this opinion. Her speach at AOLP was somewhat inspiring but whoever made the decision to spend a bunch of AOLP money to hear her talk about her life story made a huge mistake. You do not pay Jan Moyer to hear how she got so smart, you pay her a bunch of money to hear her make YOU smarter.

Again, not trying to bash, she inspired me in that speach she gave, I was blown away anyone would put that much schooling and education into lighting, but as one should do which is sometimes question I just dont know how much of what she teaches can be directly applied to what it is we all do on a daily basis.